Dry, completely cured concrete (at least 14 days old with HVAC operating)
3/4" interior plywood, OSB flooring, gypcrete (must be primed before glue down)
Waterproofing and crack-isolation membranes
Existing vinyl, wood, and laminate floors
Subfloor should be dry, clean, and level
Concrete floors that have a moisture content reading of 7 lbs per1,000 square feet in a 24 hour period must be sealed or a 6 milpolyethylene film installed to prevent moisture from causing damage.Allow moisture barrier film to run up the walls a few inchesand trimmed after installation. Also overlap each layer of 6 mil filmapproximately 8” and seal the seams with moisture resistant tape.
Follow the vinyl manufacturer’s installation instructions for anyadditional preparation
2. For ALL commercial applications and for any vinyl planksless than 4mm thickness for residential applications,the Silencer SA underlayment must be bonded to the subfloor with spray or trowel adhesive.
3. Roll out the first row of underlayment with the white film up next to the wall perpendicular to the direction of the installed flooring.
4. Roll out remaining rolls of underlayment in the same manner butting the underlayment next to adjoining roll and do not overlap. Do not tape seams.
5. Peel back the top right corner of the white release liner film(approximately 8” in a 45° angle) on each roll of underlayment on the floor at the starting wall so that the adhesive mesh is exposed.
6. Set out the first row of vinyl planks across the Silencer SA underlayment along the full length of the starting wall. Lock or position the ends in space with a rubber hammer. Do not press the planks on to the corner of the exposed adhesive at this time.
7. Position the second row of vinyl planks across the full width of the wall, joining the planks together with their locking edge.
8. Holding firmly to these two rows of planks, slowly pull back the white plastic release liner from under the planks to the outer edge of the planks to expose the adhesive mesh. The angle of the release liner should now be perpendicular to the edge of the planks. Press the rows firmly onto the adhesive.
9. Position the third row of planks (locking planks to previous row)and pulling the release liner to the outer edge of the installed row of flooring. Press the row firmly onto the adhesive.
10.Repeat this process on each row of plank flooring until installation is complete. (Make sure each vinyl plank is securely fastened to the adjoining vinyl plank so no gaps are showing)
11.Now that the flooring is installed, walk on the flooring to assure there is a tight bond between the vinyl planks and the Silencer SA underlayment. Trim any excess moisture barrier film that may have been used and install the baseboards or other moldings.